Saturday 26 March 2011

New Second Chef at Bistro LIVE Nottingham

Hi :)

My name is John – I am the Head Chef of Bistro L!VE Nottingham and welcome to our blog. As the Head Chef of Bistro L!VE Nottingham for the last god knows how many years, it has been a pleasure to have worked along side some amazing characters and amazing teams to deliver what we do.

I am about to introduce a very important player in the kitchen team to you - Rachel…

I have had the honour of training Rachel since day one. She has impressed me SO much over the past few years and I have decided to make her my new Second Chef, before some other lucky kitchen got their hands on her. With her many talents and bags of potential, we are truly blessed at Bistro LIVE to have her.

Rachel will be keeping you up to date every week with the goings on with-in our kitchen and on our training progress. Over to you Rachel……….

John
Head Chef
Bistro L!VE Nottingham

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I made it! I am now the new Second Chef at Bistro L!VE Nottingham!

Its taken me some time, but since starting with the company in September 2007 as a Commis Chef, I found Bistro L!VE perfect for my course, as they use all fresh ingredients and make ALL their own stocks and sauces. Surprisingly many people who I worked with on my course didn’t have this kind of opportunity as there was not that many restaurants around that provide what Bistro L!VE do…

I enjoyed my learning experience as my Head Chef was hands on and would help me as much as he could, and now my Head Chef and I are currently training two of our newer members of staff in the same way, and have another one starting the course soon. The cycle continues…..

My work at college over the past 3 years has paid off and in January of this year I graduated with my Professional Cookery Diploma. I am pleased to say that I have earned my place within the Patisserie Diploma course starting in September and I am very excited to have this chance!
I absolutely love the creative side of my job and I always look forward to helping create fantastic new dishes for our menus.

I am excited at the challenges that I face with my new job role, my new course and the training of our future chefs. I will be keeping you updated on all of our progress as it happens.

Until then….

Rachel
Second Chef
Bistro L!VE Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment