Thursday 18 August 2011

Home from home………………..

Well last week, we had an experimental cook off at Bistro L!VE Leicester. We produced different ideas that we may or may not use on future menus. This gives us at Bistro Live a chance to meet up, and do what we do best - create fun, interesting and delicious dishes. I suppose it is like our ‘play time’, but with a serious objective.

Now I don’t know about the rest of you, but going somewhere new is kind of daunting! Having recently been made into the new second chef in my kitchen, I was looking forward to this day but also nervous, not because I didn’t know any other chefs but it was going to be foreign to me. My head chef took me and our third chef along. We all had dishes to create and present. These took a bit of research into different ways and techniques, which is fun to me, as I like learning new ways of doing different things. We were able to make some of the dishes healthier and suitable for different dietary requirements, such as gluten free, which is always good.

We made:

......

.........Sweet corn and Chilli.............................Soup Vegetarian Hot Pot


...................Fish Pie ...............................................Mini Fish and Chips


..Cauliflower Bhaji with Curry Oil ...............Onion Bhaji with Aubergine Raita


These dishes were fantastic, and very yummy, with all three sites we made around 24 different dishes so we all learned something new. And we had fun and worked as a team. I am looking forward to having more opportunities such as this in the future. I hope that some of make it on to some future menu’s.

Rachel

Sous Chef

Bistro L!VE Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment